Scholars ask, ‘What will be our future?’
Houston — ‘Welcome to Hogwarts!” John Barton said with a…
Find links below to all the articles in the “Sacred Calling” series:
• On a mission to fill empty pulpits: For John and Carla Moore, addressing the shortage of preachers in Churches of Christ is a priority. By Bobby Ross Jr.
• Related story: “Seeking the gifted”
• Related editorial: “Who’s to blame?”
• Fewer students training to be preachers: Cost, culture and compensation are among the challenges to attracting future ministers. By Cheryl Mann Bacon.
• Related story: Bible education: What’s the cost?
• Related editorial: Viewing ministry not as a career but as a calling
• Small churches: a mission field?: Colorado initiative equips and encourages ministers, leaders and their families. By Bobby Ross Jr.
• The Kerusso Experience trains high schoolers to fill empty pulpits: The Harding University camp teaches boys how to plan, write and deliver sermons. By Audrey Jackson.
• Single preachers: An underutilized resource?: Single men are often overlooked for preaching roles, but they could be the perfect fit. By Calvin Cockrell.
• Taking tests, transforming lives: Texas Bible Bowl sees growth in Generation Z attendance. By Audrey Jackson.
• Church Planting Sunday: A national call to action: National ministry Kairos and an Alabama church set aside a day for church planting awareness. By Calvin Cockrell.
• ‘If they go into full-time ministry, they’ll go back to poverty’: Ministers struggle to find financial support among Churches of Christ in South Africa. By Audrey Jackson.
BOBBY ROSS JR. is Editor-in-Chief of The Christian Chronicle. Reach him at [email protected].
Subscribe today to receive more inspiring articles like this one delivered straight to your inbox twice a month.
Your donation helps us not only keep our quality of journalism high, but helps us continue to reach more people in the Churches of Christ community.