The Christian Chronicle welcomes guest column or op-ed submissions from members and leaders of Churches of Christ. Submissions may be sent to [email protected].
Each submission should include:
- The writer’s first and last names
- The writer’s home congregation, city and state (if in the U.S.) or country (if not in the U.S.).
- A brief bio (two to three sentences) and contact info for the writer (please specify if you’d like your email address to be published with your submission).
Tips for submissions:
- Focus on a specific issue or question of importance to our readers.
- Use a topical approach, including real-life examples and anecdotes, when possible, to illustrate your main point or idea.
- Shoot for a word count between 600 and 700. We rarely have space for longer guest columns or op-eds.
- Remember that we are a newspaper, so we tend to focus on timely subjects in the headlines and contemporary issues and questions facing our fellowship. Our format does not afford space for in-depth Bible study or doctrinal debates.
- Make it interesting. It may be important, but if it’s boring, nobody will read it.
Because of the volume of submissions receive, we cannot offer a personal response to each submission.