Christian Chronicle now on TikTok
As part of a new video initiative, The Christian Chronicle…
LAS VEGAS — Sometimes, you come to a proverbial fork in the road.
That happened to me Thursday.
Eventually, I decided to forgo the line-dancing event and head to the Religion News Association’s annual conference. The meeting, which you can follow live via Twitter hashtag #RNA2019, continues through Saturday.
On Thursday, elder and minister J.B. Myers of the Bright Angel Church of Christ in Las Vegas was part of a diverse panel dubbed “Saving Souls in Sin City: The Secret Life of Ministry in the Party City.”
The panelists delved into questions such as the morality of gambling. I certainly enjoyed the session. Look for a column from me on the discussion soon.
• ‘Churchianity’ vs. Christianity: The New Day Conference, hosted last week by the North Boulevard Church of Christ in Murfreesboro, Tenn., explored discipleship in “post-Christian” America. I wrote a column about it.
• ‘Dean of Latin American’ missions Dan Coker dies at 82: The longtime missionary and cultural anthropologist helped U.S. Christians understand the people of Central and South America.
• Oklahoma Christian opens lab, simulation center: The new, 7,000-square-foot facility is called the Dave and Shirlie Ellis Clinical Skills Lab and Simulation Center, the Journal Record reports.
• Churches of Christ Disaster Response team delivers aid to Outer Banks: The team, based in Dayton, Ohio, delivered generators and cleaning supplies on Wednesday, WDTN reports.
• God’s conversion rate: “Churches are using targeted ads on social media to convert and recruit,” Slate reports.
Subscribe today to receive more inspiring articles like this one delivered straight to your inbox twice a month.
Your donation helps us not only keep our quality of journalism high, but helps us continue to reach more people in the Churches of Christ community.