(405) 425-5070

Journalism of faith, transparency

The Christian Chronicle is a ministry that supports ministry.

We at The Christian Chronicle greatly value your support and trust.

For that reason we thank you and share with you some vital information.

Lynn McMillon

The annual total operational budget of the Chronicle is $1.2 million. That includes everything — salaries for five full-time and four part-time staff plus the monthly printing, addressing and postage charges and other operational expenses.

We mail 1,618,350 papers annually. That is 74 cents per paper monthly per person. We also offer an ever-expanding variety of news services online, reaching approximately 90,000 people monthly.

Where does the money come from to pay for the all of this? You. About 55 percent of our operational expenses come from your donations, for which we are deeply grateful. You are a blessing to us. The other 45 percent comes from our advertisers, who also are a huge blessing.

We absolutely love telling stories of churches and Christians across the country and around the world. We are inspired by the many great deeds we see and want you to be as well.

We love the feedback we get from our readers — whether it’s positive, negative or a bit of both! We’re especially inspired by readers who tell us that the ministries or mission opportunities highlighted in these pages have inspired them to get involved in the great work of our Lord. The Chronicle is a ministry that supports other ministries. We seek to inform, inspire and unite.

A board of trustees oversees our finances. Deon Fair chairs our board and serves with a dedicated, talented group of Christians. Their names appear on Page 4 every month.

April 2018

The Excellence in Giving organization reviews our finances and has certified the Chronicle as transparent. We adhere to the code of ethics of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.

Next month we plan to highlight our Keepers of the Chronicle, who give regularly to this ministry. We pray that you’ll consider joining their ranks. Our dedicated donors have faithfully increased their giving in recent years, taking on a larger share of our support. We would love for more readers to step up and contribute. Just a few dollars per month can make a huge difference.

To all of you who read and all of you who support this publication, we once again offer our humble, sincerest thanks. You bless us.

Contact: [email protected]

Filed under: buddget donors Editorial Opinion Top Stories

View Comments

Don’t miss out on more stories like this.

Subscribe today to receive more inspiring articles like this one delivered straight to your inbox twice a month.

Did you enjoy this article?

Your donation helps us not only keep our quality of journalism high, but helps us continue to reach more people in the Churches of Christ community.

$
Personal Info

Dedicate this Donation

In Honor/Memory of Details

Card Notification Details

Credit Card Info
This is a secure SSL encrypted payment.
Billing Details

Donation Total: $3 One Time

{amount} donation plus {fee_amount} to help cover fees.