Happy birthday to us! Chronicle news blog turns 1 year old
A year ago, we launched The Christian Chronicle news blog with these elements in mind:
• Breaking news and headlines.
• Behind-the-scene details from Chronicle reporting trips, giving readers more information than can fit in a story or feature article.
• Requests for reader feedback on trends, issues and breaking news such as natural disasters.
• Links to interesting stories in other media about Churches of Christ.
• Links to interesting stories that, while not directly related to Churches of Christ, help keep our readers informed about opportunities for and threats to churches.
• Links to Chronicle stories, photo essays and videos.
This is our 440th post. We’ve averaged eight or nine new posts a week. Our posts typically receive a few thousand hits. Our most-viewed post — featuring a video of 9-year-old Davis Burton discussing his daily Bible reading — has been clicked nearly 200,000 times.
So, as we celebrate this blog’s first birthday, it’s time to ask: What do you think, loyal readers? Please leave a comment and let us know what you like — and what we could improve upon.
FeedbackThe news blog guarantees that there will be something new to read and consider when I come to the Chronicle’s website, regardless of the print publication schedule. It’s an appropriate way to keep the Chronicle as the flagship news source for Churches of Christ worldwide.Jonathan ClemensMay, 1 2011