- This event has passed.
Domestic Violence Summit
October 25, 2014
The Cedar Crest Church of Christ and Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. in partnership with C.R.E.S.T. Inc. (the community outreach arm of the church) will present a Domestic Violence Summit to the Community regarding the awareness and the dangers of this issue. The Summit will be held at the Cedar Crest Church, 2134 Cedar Crest Blvd., on Oct. 25, 9 a.m. until Noon.
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month and with domestic violence a nationwide concern, it is an important time to face this difficult issue. The summit will address the following:
• What is domestic violence?
• What are the characteristic of an abuser/victim?
• What is the emotional and physical effect on the fetus?
• What are the emotional and psychological stressors of a child growing up in a domestic violent home?
• Why do victims remain in the relationship?
• Why does it take so long for the victim to leave the relationship?
• Why is domestic violence taboo and kept silent in the church?
• What help is available to victims?
The panel of speakers will include representatives from: Domestic Violence agencies, Domestic Violence Shelters, the Dallas Police Department, Attorneys, Judges, Victims, Abusers, Ministers and PROBATION OFFICERS.