Position: Oklahoma Christian University invites applications for a tenure-track or non-tenure position to teach in the Department of Computer Science to begin in the fall semester 2020. The successful applicant will teach core and upper-level computer science courses in the undergraduate curriculum as well as courses in the graduate computer science curriculum, advise students in their program of study, serve on university committees as needed, and participate in department curriculum planning and assessment tasks.
Rank and tenure-track determination will be based on selected candidate’s qualifications and experience, and specific course assignments will be determined collaboratively with the objective of optimal deployment of departmental faculty strengths and areas of expertise.
- PhD preferred. Candidates who are ABD and those with a master’s degree also will be considered.
- University teaching experience a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and the ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Active engagement in a life of Christian faith and service which includes membership in a local church.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching: Teach courses in computer science at the undergraduate and/or graduate level. Create and maintain appropriate educational records to document the academic performance of students, observing appropriate confidentiality.
- Service: Academic advising as assigned, engagement in recruiting activities, and serving on university committees that contribute to the academic, spiritual and social quality of campus life and help fulfill faculty responsibility in a model of shared governance. Provide mentorship to individual students and to student organizations, including discipline-related and service-oriented groups. Maintain membership and active involvement in a local church.
- Scholarship: Initiate and sustain activities necessary to be current in the discipline and innovative in pedagogical method and technology. Engage in scholarly activity designed to advance human knowledge and understanding, such as research, writing and intellectual dialogue. Collegially contribute to positive work and learning environment of the department and the university.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary and rank commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard university benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Application review continues until the position is filled. To apply send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, OC application form, personal statement of faith, and copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (please do not send official transcripts at this time), to Human Resources at: [email protected] or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred. As candidates advance through the screening process additional materials, such as letters of recommendation (including one from a home congregation), a writing sample, and a statement of teaching philosophy will be requested.
For more information
Oklahoma Christian University
P.O. Box 11000
Oklahoma City, OK