DIRECTOR OF EDUCATIONAL SERVICES & HEAD TEACHER
As an employee of Shults-Lewis, you are required to be a faithful member of the Church of Christ, as outlined in the by-laws and updated by the Board of Trustees.
The Supervisor of Educational Services is expected to lead in the development and implementation of an educational program suited for children in residential treatment facilities.
The Director of Educational Services will function in the ways outlined below, and in such ways as the Director of Program Services may direct.
Master’s Degree; Secondary Administrator’s License; Indiana Teaching Certificate; experience in school administration and in working with children with trauma preferred; demonstrated ability to administrate people in a professional manner
- Plan and coordinate the educational program for all children in placement
- Supervise and oversee education staff
- Teach academic classes
- Oversee educational plans and issue timely reports
- Communicate with students, houseparents, counselors, teachers and parents regarding grades, credits, graduation and other school-related issues
- Develop an annual budget for education department
- Work with the Director of Program Services to develop long-range educational goals for the agency
- Represent the education staff at staffings
- Facilitate the Teachers meeting and the Teacher & Counselor meeting. Attend meetings such as Communication meeting and other meetings when requested
- Arrange substitutes for personal days, sick days, vacations, etc.
- At all times, only the highest level of Christian and professional ideals and standards and best practices will be followed
- Ensure that the agency is compliant with all Indiana Department of Education requirements
Attend Administrative meetings as requested by Director of Program Services and/or Executive Director, and make written and oral reports.
Keep well informed in regard to Agency policy and professional area of education; making use of professional literature, institutes and seminars, as the education field may have to offer, and the Agency can afford to budget.
Supervise the Education Staff