The Department of Psychology, Counseling, and Family Science at Lipscomb University seeks to fill a tenure-track faculty position beginning Fall 2019. The ideal candidate will hold a doctorate in Psychology and have experience in teaching.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Teaching: The primary responsibility for teaching is at the undergraduate level, teaching courses for the psychology major. A 24-hour load per academic year is expected. There may be teaching opportunities in graduate psychology as well.
- Leadership: Collaborate with the department chair to set the vision for the psychology undergraduate program and implement new initiatives in this area.
- Scholarly activity: Engage in scholarly activity that involves students, such as master’s thesis supervision, research, presentations, engagement with the professional community, etc.
- Academic advisement & mentoring: Advising undergraduate students on coursework and academic and career trajectories.
- University service: Faculty are expected to serve on committees, work groups, or special assignments in service to the university.
The Department of Psychology, Counseling, and Family Science offers undergraduate degrees in family science and psychology as well as master’s degrees in psychology, clinical mental health counseling, and marriage and family therapy. The department also maintains a vital role in Lipscomb’s general education curriculum.
Candidates should apply online at https://lipscomb.peopleadmin.com/postings/5989
For more information