Lubbock Christian University Invites Nominations and Applications for the Position of Provost and Chief Academic Officer.
LCU is a Christ-centered, academic community of learners, transforming the hearts, minds, and hands of students for lives of purpose and service. The provost serves as the chief academic officer of the university, reporting to the president and providing strategic leadership for the university’s undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
A successful candidate for provost will have a terminal degree; significant experience as a university educator and scholar; an established record of service in higher education, including experience in academic leadership; strong, collaborative leadership skills; and a keen understanding of the issues facing higher education, especially faith-based higher education. The candidate will be a committed follower of Jesus Christ and an active member of a congregation of the Churches of Christ.
Applications will be accepted until November 15, 2017, and the appointment as Provost will begin on June 1, 2018.
The responsibilities of the provost include:
- Ensure academic excellence in all of the university’s academic programs
- Supervise the deans of the university’s four colleges, as well as the director of the university library
- Actively participate on the university’s leadership team
- Manage the budget for all instructional areas
- Lead strategic planning for academic programs in alignment with LCU 2020, the university’s strategic plan
- Represent the university to various external audiences
- Provide coordination and oversight of programs and initiatives that support and advance academic excellence at LCU, including the Global Campus Office, the Rhodes Family Institute for Undergraduate Research, and other academic initiatives.
Lubbock Christian University enrolls almost 2000 students, offering sixty-six undergraduate majors and more than twenty graduate degree programs. With approximately 100 full-time faculty members, the university enjoys a low student-faculty ratio, consistent with the high level of engagement between faculty and students. The university is a national leader in undergraduate research, maintains an emphasis for faculty on teaching and mentoring, and has a growing number of faculty who are making important scholarly contributions in their fields. Over the course of the last twenty-four months, the university has added more than 90,000 square feet of academic space, a significant investment toward realizing the university’s ambitious vision as reflected in LCU 2020.
For more information, please visit LCU.edu/Provost.
Submit Letters of Nomination or Interest by November 15, 2017:
LCU Provost Search Committee
Attn: Office of the President
5601 19th Street • Lubbock, Texas 79407
For more information
LCU Provost Search Committee
Lubbock Christian University
5601 19th Street