Title: Master of Education Program Director & E-Learning Specialist
Salary: Position is full-time and salary is commensurate with education and experience
- D. or Ed.D. in Education or Sports Administration
- Candidate working on a Ph.D. or Ed.D. may be considered
- Experience working in online education preferred
- Experience in working with CAEP and Department of Education preferred
Position and Responsibilities:
This is a 12-month Faculty Position. Applicant should be well-versed in building, maintaining, and assessing collegiate Educational Programming. York College is associated with CAEP, Department of Education, NC-SARA, and the Higher Learning Commission. A successful candidate with be an active member of the churches of Christ/Stone Campbell heritage and demonstrate a commitment to Christian education. York College is a private Christian institution of higher learning affiliated with the churches of Christ.
The Masters of Education Program Director & Online Instructional Special will:
- Implement, manage, design, report and assess curriculum in the Masters of Education.
- Teach 6 graduate hours as part of their faculty load.
- Design or refresh 2-4 courses per academic year as part of their faculty load.
- Develop and maintain process for inviting, and contracting, qualified faculty to teach and assist with online classroom set-up for each term.
- Maintain book list and connect with the bookstore.
- Work closely with the Dean of Online Learning and the Student Services Representative to determine messaging to the faculty for instructional best practices on topics (not limited to) such as: attendance, faculty expectations, course implementation, Canvas help, course improvement and repairs.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining course design for New Student Orientation, Faculty Professional Development, Online Faculty Meetings.
- Chair, the Graduate Leadership Team.
- Maintain the Student and Faculty Handbooks.
- Collect assessment and document data and distribute assessment tools to online faculty.
- Develop relationships with potential partnerships.
- Continue to innovate and create best practices process for York College Online.
Group medical and dental insurance, group life insurance, 403B retirement plan, tuition benefits for employee/spouse/children.
Applications: A complete application consists of 1) a letter of application; 2) curriculum vitae; 3) copies of all post-secondary transcripts (official copies required at time of hire); and 4) at least three appropriate references who may be contacted. The position will be open until filled. Only electronic (PDF) submissions will be accepted.
Dr. Shane Mountjoy, Provost
For more information
Dr. Shane Mountjoy, Provost