LIVE YOUR PURPOSE!
Our team is looking for a Maintenance Specialist (two openings).
The maintenance specialist will report to the facilities manager and will work in small to medium scale residential building maintenance across one or more of our campuses. This position is typically Monday through Friday, with the specialist remaining on call 24/7 for emergencies. The specialist can expect to be responsible for maintenance, repair and remodeling of existing buildings, as well as field work such as fence building & repair, irrigation systems, landscape, concrete work, etc. This position includes housing that is provided to the employee.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Good interpersonal skills and strong ability to work with others
- Professional presentation and attitude with coworkers, clients, vendors and general public
- Ability to successfully and efficiently perform assigned one-person jobs
- Ability to work outdoors for lengthy periods in all weather conditions
- Ability to take apart machines and equipment to remove and replace defective parts
- Ability to understand blueprints and repair manuals as necessary
- Ability to use tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches
- Ability to climb and stoop repeatedly, such as required by roofing or plumbing jobs
- Commitment to confidentiality, sensitivity, and empowerment of others
- Reside in NMCCH-provided housing co-located with buildings under your care
- 3+ years of proven work experience in residential maintenance
- Certified in use of certain heavy equipment such as fork lifts
Additional Requirements as required under CYFD licensing
- Proof of academic records
- Successful completion of a national criminal records background check (to include fingerprinting)