Faculty Position for Criminal Justice
Anticipated Start Date: August 2023
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Qualifications: Must be able to teach a variety of lower and upper division courses in criminal justice.
A master’s degree or higher in Criminal Justice OR Juris Doctorate required. Previous experience working in the criminal justice system preferred. All applicants should demonstrate strong communication skills and interest in the academic and spiritual development of undergraduate students. A successful candidate will be an active member of the churches of Christ/Stone Campbell heritage and demonstrate a commitment to Christian education. York University is a private Christian institution of higher learning affiliated with the churches of Christ.
- Provide up to 27 hours of classroom instruction per academic year
- Participate in departmental assessment
- Serve on campus wide committees as assigned
- Serve on department/division committees as assigned
- Maintain office hours
- Serve as an academic advisor
Benefits: Group medical and dental insurance, group life insurance, 403B retirement plan, tuition benefits for employee/spouse/children.
To apply for this position, please submit the following to the Office of the Provost at [email protected]. Only electronic (PDF) submissions will be accepted.
- A letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of all post-secondary transcripts (official copies required at time of hire)
- At least three appropriate references who may be contacted
- A response to the York University mission statement (https://www.york.edu/mission-statement.html)
- Personal faith statement
- Statement of teaching philosophy
For more information
Office of the Provost
1125 E 8th St
York, NE, United States