Faculty Position for Computer Science/Cybersecurity
Anticipated Start Date: August 2023; January 2023 may be considered
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Qualifications: Must be able to teach a variety of lower and upper division courses in computer science including Information Technology, Programming I & II, Business Computer Applications, Hardware I, and Internet History.
A successful candidate will have a master’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or a related field; doctorate preferred. All applicants should demonstrate strong communication skills and interest in the academic and spiritual development of undergraduate students. A successful candidate will be an active member of the churches of Christ/Stone Campbell heritage and demonstrate a commitment to Christian education. York University is a private Christian institution of higher learning affiliated with the churches of Christ.
- Provide up to 27 hours of classroom instruction per academic year
- Participate in departmental assessment
- Serve on campus wide committees as assigned
- Serve on department/division committees as assigned
- Maintain office hours
- Serve as an academic advisor
Benefits: Group medical and dental insurance, group life insurance, 403B retirement plan, tuition benefits for employee/spouse/children.
To apply for this position, please submit the following to the Office of the Provost at [email protected]. Only electronic (PDF) submissions will be accepted.
- A letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of all post-secondary transcripts (official copies required at time of hire)
- At least three appropriate references who may be contacted
- A response to the York University mission statement (https://www.york.edu/mission-statement.html)
- Personal faith statement
- Statement of teaching philosophy
For more information
Office of the Provost
1125 E 8th St
York, NE, United States