Faculty Position for Agribusiness
Anticipated Start Date: August 2023
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Qualifications: Must be able to teach a variety of lower and upper division courses in agricultural science including plant science, animal science, environmental science, and soil management. Preference will be given to candidates with a Ph.D. and experience or expertise in agri-business or related field.
A successful candidate will demonstrate strong communication skills, show an interest in the academic and spiritual development of undergraduate students, demonstrate commitment to the York College mission, and be an active member of the churches of Christ / Stone Campbell heritage. York University is a private Christian institution of higher learning affiliated with the Churches of Christ.
- Provide up to 27 hours of classroom instruction per academic year
- Participate in departmental assessment
- Serve on campus wide committees as assigned
- Serve on department/division committees as assigned
- Maintain office hours
- Serve as an academic advisor
Benefits: Group medical and dental insurance, group life insurance, 403b retirement plan, tuition benefits for employee/spouse/children.
To apply for this position, please submit the following to the Office of the Provost at [email protected]. Only electronic (PDF) submissions will be accepted.
- A letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of all post-secondary transcripts (official copies required at time of hire)
- At least three appropriate references who may be contacted
- A response to the York University mission statement (https://www.york.edu/mission-statement.html)
- Personal faith statement
- Statement of teaching philosophy
For more information
Office of the Provost
1125 E 8th St
York, NE, United States