Hope for Haiti’s Children is seeking a Director of Advancement who would work closely with the President, Vice-President, and Board of Directors to oversee and manage all aspects of HFHC’s development program. The position is based in Nashville, TN. The Director of Advancement must think strategically and practically to implement a comprehensive and results-oriented development plan that includes traditional and innovative strategies. Key components of this plan should include goals, strategies, and timetables for annual fundraising, major gifts, campaign gifts, events, endowments, and planned giving and should include a complementary focus on prospecting and tactics to build key relationships with individuals, churches, corporations, and foundations. The position will also include responsibility for development efforts in the Southeast U.S. region. This position reports to the President and is the primary staff liaison to Board’s Executive Committee. Candidate should be an active member of the church of Christ and have a strong commitment to Missions and Christian education.
- Develops and implements short and long-term development plans to meet established goals and objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, strategic initiatives for securing major gifts, annual events and appeals, corporate and foundation grants, defining stewardship and prospecting tactics, cultivation events, and developing new approaches to grow HFHC’s donor base.
- Responsible for managing relationships with current and future major national accounts – working with the President and Vice-President to identify and prioritize efforts and meet financial goals.
- Develops and implements HFHC’s planned giving offerings and researches, identifies and contacts planned giving prospects. Works with the President and Vice-President to identify opportunities for the creation and funding of endowments. Facilitates planned giving seminars and speaking engagements.
- Provides daily management of advancement staff including establishing annual goals (to support overall goals established in the advancement plan), providing regular performance reviews and appropriate recognition, and supporting ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Serves as the campaign director and provide direct daily management of specifically focused initiatives to secure major gifts and leadership gifts in support of campaign goal.
- Works collaboratively and creatively with the President and Vice-President to appropriately position development opportunities and integrate messages in publications, grant submissions, reports, and collateral materials for cultivating and stewarding donors.
- Clearly articulate and promote a strong case of need for philanthropy and builds opportunities to create and sustain a culture that understands the relationship between philanthropy and HFHC’s services.
- Manages prospect research and cultivation initiatives with a special emphasis on pursuing strategies to secure or increase giving from donors. This includes leading periodic prospective donor trips to Haiti.
- Develops strategies for existing donors to effectively move them through a meaningful cycle of giving.
- Meets regularly with the President regarding program goals and initiatives and routinely reports to the Board of Directors and appropriate committees.
- Attends HFHC events and activities and fosters significant pride and excitement for fundraising efforts.
- Demonstrate committed, professional leadership, articulate passion for HFHC’s mission, and exemplifies a collaborative, decisive, motivating and engaging communication style.
- Proven track record of fundraising success, particularly by securing major gifts, successfully managing campaigns, and engaging a community of motivated supporters.
- 7+ years of increasing responsibility in non-profit fundraising.
- Excellent managerial skills including at least 2 years of previous experience successfully managing development staff.
- Deep appreciation and understanding of HFHC’s mission and the ability to articulate its values and vision internally and externally.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a complex environment.
- Excellent knowledge of development best practices, trends in development, fundraising tools and technology, e-mail and online campaigns, and donor research.
- Extreme discretion, attention to detail, and a commitment to excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Nashville, TN (HFHC office in Bellevue area)
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR TO APPLY, CONTACT:
To learn more about Hope for Haiti’s Children visit our website. Click Here.
For more information
Hope for Haiti's Children
Nashville (Bellevue), TN