JOB DESCRIPTION: ADVANCEMENT OFFICER
SUMMARY: Support the operation of the institution by forming relationships, making gift requests and other activities that advance the university. This position reports to the Vice President for Advancement.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Work as part of full advancement team to accomplish the mission of the university.
- Travel to visit alumni and supporters to nourish relationships and make gift requests.
- Mining, cultivating and soliciting donors with special emphasis on most recent alumni and annual fund giving.
- Draft institutional news releases.
- Major gifts requests for capital improvements when applicable.
- Strengthen and enhance church relationships.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other related and reasonable duties may be assigned when necessary.
- Special events coordination; ie: Homecoming, Round Up, and other events managed and executed by the Advancement Office.
- Edit published documents related to Advancement functions.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT REQUIREMENTS
Skills and attributes needed:
- Strong communication skills including written communication, oral communication and excellent listening skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and speed in processing multiple tasks.
- Effectively manage concurrent multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to greet and host a variety of visitors to a campus setting.
- Minimum educational requirement is a Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to represent York University positively in all interactions.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Endure demands resulting from significant time spent at a computer, driving in a car, having telephone conversations and face-to-face meetings.
- Endure demands that result from variable and sometimes extended work hours (Homecoming, Round Up, etc.)
Reply to: Jared Stark, Vice President of Advancement, [email protected]
For more information
1125 E 8th St